We all know how important the role of drainage is. Important both for our health and for the good condition of our buildings. The best way to keep our sewer system in good condition is of course prevention.
It may seem funny but it really does not want to drain the sewer system too much. Of course, other factors also contribute to this, such as the age and the materials that have been used to build the sewer system.
The reasons why the need for drainage of the sewerage network may arise depend on various factors such as the construction and size of the network. Below we will analyse the consequences that can be caused by a clogged sewer but also the reasons that can cause any damage. We will also see some important clues that we should not ignore but also how to avoid future problems.
The Αποφράξεις Αγία Παρασκευή Αναγνώστου gives you guaranteed results in each case and this amply confirm hundreds of satisfied customers!
How sewerage is block
Each sewer system is unique and differs from house to house. For example, a detached house may have a large sewer system while an apartment building may have a small one that should serve many residents. So the construction and size of the drain plays an important role in possible blockages, but this does not mean that it is the most important cause.
Since the sizes of the drains differ from each other, the causes of a blockage are many and varied. All drains can be clogged at any time. However, the old sewers have the most chances, since they are the most distressed, while many problems can be observed in sewers where they are burdened by significant technical and construction defects. But the main cause of blockages is the use that is made daily in each sewer.
Causes of sewer blockage
- In the network of a house, the most common causes of blockage are the accumulation of fats but also of throwing papers and various objects in the sewer pipes.
- In addition, the sewer system can often become clogged with leaves and mud, but can often cause problems with the roots of plants and trees.
- Most of us have a laid back attitude when it comes to painting a picture about ourselves. These lead the materials into the ducts and clog them. At the same time they do not know that many of these materials do not decompose.
- Over time, it makes sense for more and more materials to accumulate so that the pipes become clogged and water cannot circulate freely in the pipes. This causes the sewer pipes to overflow and flood.
What problems does clocked sewerage cause?
Sewer clogging can lead to many and major problems. It can cause flooding which can then lead to bodily accidents and damage to a building. Moisture on walls and floors can cause mold, destroying building materials, but it can also cause various types of germs. Therefore, in a sewerage network there can be a high health risk. Also, clogged drains can create water leaks which cost a lot of money on water bills and can make your daily life difficult.
Therefore, as soon as you notice any problem, be sure to fix it with an obstruction.
Indications of sewerage problems
Some of the possible signs of a clogged drain are: Initially, sewage and water can not find their way to the main sewer, so they turn back. In addition, overflows and floods are created in the pipes and wells, while, bad smells are created which can emerge from the pipettes. Another indication that we mentioned before is the presence of moisture from any leaks in the space. Finally, the water is drained slowly and sometimes various strange sounds can be observed when using the tap.
Precautions for avoiding sewerage problems
- One of the most important measures to prevent problems in the drainage system is to avoid throwing any object in the taps of your sink, sink, balcony or bathtub.
- As an extra protective measure you can install protective filters (special grilles at the inlets of the siphons) which you can easily find on the market or pieces of tulle. These will help retain hair, soap residues or grease that ends up in the drains where they usually stick.
- It is also a good idea to avoid throwing toilet paper in the toilet as it is one of the main reasons that the drain can become clogged.
- Another useful measure is to pour 1 to 2 pots of boiling water once a week to prevent any accumulation of fat.
- Also, washing your pets is an issue that you should draw due attention to. It would be good every time you wash them in the bathtub or on the balcony to have first covered the siphon with a cloth. This way, you will be able to collect all the unnecessary hair that leaves with the wash and then throw it in the trash.
- Finally, if you want to be “extra” sure that there will be no problem, you can disassemble the pipes once a year and clean them carefully so as not to cause any damage.
What should not be thrown in the pipes
- Fats or oils from cooking.
- Coffee or coffee beans.
- If you have a garbage eater, do not throw meat, chicken and fish bones, as well as eggshells (shell)
- Pasta, rice, breads.
- Chewing gum.
- Fruit stickers when we wash them.
- Baby wipes, paper towels, tissue wipes.
- Tampons, sanitary napkins.
- Cotton (make-up removers), cotton swabs, cigarette butts, fabric softeners, tissues or similar fibrous materials
- Leftovers from celery, carrots and potato peels.
- Trauma and dental floss.
- Razors, blades, syringes, needles.
- Condoms, balloons or rubber gloves.
- Medicines, lotions and cosmetics.
- Bottle caps, either metal or plastic.
- Small toys.
- Paints, paint solvents, nail polishes.
- Car oil, antifreeze, etc.
Of course, what will help you the most is to always have a good blockage company by your side. Do a market research and choose the most experienced and reliable. Work with it to do regular maintenance on pipettes, wells and gutters. Only then can you be absolutely sure that the sewer will never become clogged again soon or that contaminated water will flood and contaminate your space.
Thanks to the professional cleaning of the drain, you can unplug or clean all the pipes and wells. We recommend that you clean twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, always before disinfecting.
Having more than 35 years of experience, Αποφράξεις Αγία Παρασκευή Αναγνώστου serves 7 days a week and is at your disposal 24 hours a day, Sundays and holidays. Its crews consist of technicians who are very well acquainted with the obstructions. We use the most modern pressure and electric machines and we are able to focus exactly on the problem and your needs.